Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Story Quilt

Hey, I made a quilt. It's pretty rough because I can't seem to follow a pattern (or a recipe for that matter) to save my life. But it was made out of lots of sentimental things. Will's Mamaw's dishtowels (vintage feedsacks) Some of the kid's baby clothes and my maternity clothes. I call it our story quilt. It sits in the living room so we can snuggle up under it when I read or tell a story. The kids have already identified their old clothes in the blanket and ask me to tell about when they were "little". Maybe this will be a way that I can hold on to old memories. Maybe it will be a way to make new memories too.

3 comments:

  1. You know your are going to have to make more of these. Your kids will fight over who gets it when they are older. It might save heartache and frustration if you go ahead and make one that each kid can have, and it will mean the world to them no matter how rough looking you think it seems.

    This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is something i have always wanted to learn to do. i am so impressed beth. you are a savvy, savvy maker of the home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,
    Your comment was very kind!!
    I am actually excited about making another one because Eva told me a much easier way to piece it together. Jade, here's my little secret, don't try to "learn", just do it, haha!

    ReplyDelete