Sunday, November 28, 2010

More Manners

The kids displayed table decorum that could have been straight from Mrs. Manners tonight.
It was very pleasant.
I'll tell you about it.
Oh, by the way,
Did you know that JR and AJ have pet names for each other?
JR is "Jestah" and AJ is "Bubbsie".

Cute.
You also may not know that "Bubbsie" can't say his "r" sound.

And tonight at the dinner table it was:

AJ: Jestah, did you get yuhsef a dwink?
JR: No Bubbsie.
AJ: Don't wuwwee I will get you one. You don't need ice. (he can't reach the ice)
JR: Oh, Bubbsie, let me help you.
AJ: Thanks Jestah.
JR: Your welcome Bubbsie


AJ: Mom, Look, I cut my own food!
JR: I ate my dinner. May I be excused?
AJ: Look at my plate! May I have dessut?
MOM: Sure, but AJ I don't think you have any candy left.
JR: Bubbsie, would you like a piece of mine?
AJ: Thanks Jestah!

Ah, the absolute 1940's of it all!
Too darling!!
I am floored and proud of the little chubby-cheeked cherubs that are gracing the dinner table, but I am realizing that too much sweetness is a little rich for my blood.
It was almost a relief when AJ marched into the living room after dinner, ripped off his shirt and hollered "Hey Dad! Wanna see my nippoles?

No comments:

Post a Comment