Friday, April 16, 2010

The Disaster Relief Kit.


Today we had an emergency.

Not the life threatening kind, or even the ER kind.

The "in five minutes I am going to lose my mind" kind.

So, I acted in response, and broke out:

Our expired "Emergency Disaster Relief and First Aid Kit".

It. Is. AMAZING. Do you realize how much fun is packed into a relief kit?
Here is a run down on some of the goods:

1. green glow sticks (8 of them!!) .
2. portable radio
3. flash lights
4. those metallic emergency blankets
5. whistles
6. see-through red ponchos

(Red Cross Rave? Nah.)

7. gloves
8. crayons and coloring book
9. white dust masks

And we didn't even get to the first aid box.
You get the idea.
The kids were pretty excited.
They insisted on wearing the glow sticks on a string around their necks, and listened to the radio. They put on latex-free gloves and ponchos, ruined the emergency blanket and played with the flashlights.
It occupied them for...
Wait for it.......

15 minutes.
*sigh*

I figure it will cost me about $30 to replace all the things that were used, destroyed, licked, stepped on or lost.

They obliterated at $2 a minute.

That's $120 an hour.

You know, if they worked at this as a nine to five job
with vacation time
I figure that's almost $200,000 a year in destructive potential.

OH
GREAT.

I think I may have another emergency.









No comments:

Post a Comment