Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spin Class

I went to the gym to take a spin class today.

I ended up in the Zumba class.

Just in case you don't know, Zumba is latin dancing disguised miserably as aerobics.

You can "mambo, mambo" your way to a toned core.

Three senior citizens were already doing their hip snaps and rolls when I came in.

The instructor was wearing a black sparkly top, parachute pants and make-up.

I was wearing my lucky tennis shoes from 1978, neon pink basketball shorts, and my husband's socks.

Everyone clapped, shimmied, stomped, and yelled "aaarrrrriba". Including me.

Intense stuff.

I think it was in the middle of hopping my way through the Rumba/Salsa when I discovered some things about myself.

1. my hips refuse to relinquish their stiff English heritage.
2. My arms are unusually long.
3 I. Want. Parachute. Pants

I hope I can find some before Zumba this Thursday. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Ask and ye shall receive:

    http://www.parachute-pants.com/store/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got kicked out of Zumba. Well, not really. But everyone was laughing so hard at my clumsy attempts they said I had to stand in the back so I wouldn't be so distracting to everyone. Hope you are better at it than I was......as for me, I am sticking to walking (although an 80 year old lady stopped me in the mall and let me know I was walking all wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Aamber. Someone told you that you were walking all wrong? That is too weird. Who does that?

    ReplyDelete