Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Religion

Here I sit in religious obsession, now here's my confession
My heart is deceived
If it wasn't, my life would reflect it
Instead I dissect it
Like rocks through a sieve

God of hope
Throw me a rope, in this pit full of whitewash and vipers
For I have been wandering 'round
Worshipping words that should fall to the ground

Here I stand with my fear holding hands with my heart
And I cry so I won't have to start one thing
It's amazing that I can rebel
And yet no one can tell
At least that's what I'm hoping

God of truth
Make me like Ruth on this journey to glean from the harvest
I paint myself as a saint
Yet I am fearful to step on the field

Too consumed to take part in the yield

'Ere I stand,
'Ere I sit,
Here I die
Come for me soon
Un-waste this life that I lay before you


5 comments:

  1. busted. will showed me your blog. now you have to watch your badmouthing of me.

    these lyrics are amazing. i can't wait to hear the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have checked your blog and your wife's (now that I know what a blog is haha.) you guys are so funny. And don't worry, I will only badmouth you on your own blog. My blog will not be used for evil, only good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to actually comment to badmouth me! i wonder how many people just read and never comment. probably like 1000.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, probably waaaaay more than that.

    ReplyDelete